SJ Food Service Meal Menus
Our district participates in Offer Vs. Serve at both breakfast and lunch. That means we offer all components that are needed, and the students can take or decline as they wish. At breakfast we offer four components of which the student must choose a minimum of three. We offer a variety of bread/grains, fruit/vegetables and milk components. Menu items may account for one or two components. At lunch, we offer five components of which the student must choose a minimum of three, and can take up to five. Lunch components include meat/meat alternative, bread/grain, fruit, vegetable and milk. Once again, menu items may include more than one component; for example, a chicken sandwich is both the meat/meat alternative, and the grain. To purchase a reimbursable breakfast or lunch, one of the components chosen MUST be a fruit or vegetable at both meals
Just how healthy are school meals?
- We work closely with our community’s local farmers and growers.
- We purchase produce locally throughout the school year.
- We harvest produce from our own courtyard garden to use for student meals.
- We strive to use whole foods and do as much “from scratch cooking” as we can.
- All Juice served is 100% fruit juice with no added sugar.
- All our plain milk served is 1% and flavored milk is fat free.
- All items are oven baked, there is no fryer in any of our district’s kitchens.