New Student Registration
Welcome to the South Jefferson School District!
The South Jefferson School District is pleased to offer to parents and guardians a Central Student Registration Process for Grades K-12.
Central Registration is located at the South Jefferson Clarke Building, High School, 11060 US RTE 11, Adams, NY 13605.
To register a student, please call Mrs. Jennifer Keeney, District Registrar to make an appointment. You may reach her at (315) 232-5138, FAX: (315) 232-3728 or e-mail, email@example.com
Registration is available during the school year, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m to 2 p.m. Summer office hours vary, so please phone ahead to make an appointment.
Our process for the collection of student information is now electronic. Please follow the instructions listed below. If you do not have access to the internet or are not able to fill out this electronic form, we will assist you with this process when you arrive in person.
Step 1: Collection of Student Information (Do not submit this form until you call the registrar)This form is going to take some time to complete. It includes a full health history to be collected for the child who will be entering school. Please have all of your child's information handy before you sit down to complete this form and set aside 30 minutes to fill it out. You can not go back and finish the form at a later time, you would have to start all over again. We have transitioned from the old paper process to eliminate the need for parents to write the same information on several forms.
<---- Click to Start Here.
A new tab will open on your computer and you will be redirected to a Google Form.
Answer all the questions to the best of your ability and be sure to click on the submit button at the end.
When finished, close that tab to return to this page and continue with Step 2.
Step 2: NYS Required Forms: The forms listed below must be completed on these official forms provided by NY state.
- Print this Free and Reduced Lunch Application, complete the form and bring it to your New Student Registration Appointment.
- Print this Health Examination form and have it completed by your private health care provider. NYSED requires a physical exam for new entrants and students. Simply follow the instructions outlined on the form.
- Print this Dental Health Certificate and have it completed by your dentist/dental hygienist. NYS law (Chapter 281) permits schools to request an oral health assessment at the same time a health examination is required. Simply follow the instructions outlined on the form.
Step 3: Documents to bring to your In-person appointment (copies will be made at Registrar's office)
- Birth Certificate or Other Certified Birth Document
- Proof of Residency (pay stub, income tax form, mortgage or lease documents to a house or apartment, telephone or utility bills or other bills sent to the student's home address, rent payment receipts, voter registration document, or a state or other government-issued ID)
- Immunization Record
- Last Report Card (Grades K-8), In-Progress Grades & Transcript(Grades 9-12)
- Custody or Guardianship Papers (if applicable)
- Special Education Services (IEP’s, 504 Plan, if applicable)