Universal Pre-K and Kindergarten Survey & General Information
Information for the 2023-2024 Kindergarten and UPK program.We are now accepting responses. Click on the picture above to fill out the survey.
- Per NYS ED guidelines,your child’s birth date must fall between December 2, 2018, and December 1, 2019, to be eligible to attend Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK). Please note: If a child is age eligible to attend Kindergarten, they are ineligible for UPK.
- Your family must reside within the South Jefferson Central School District.
- Kindergarten classes follow the regular school schedule, (5) days a week.
- UPK Classes will be held five (5) days a week and are approximately 2.5 hours long. UPK will begin the same 1st day as K-5 and generally follows the regular school calendar. The UPK programs will be located at Wilson Elementary (Adams Center) and Mannsville-Manor Elementary; we anticipate there will be one AM session and one PM session at each building.
- UPK students will be selected by a lottery system if the number of applicants exceeds spaces available. Please be aware that school placement is determined by the availability of bus routes and scheduling. Pick up and drop off points must be within the school attendance area.
- All transportation is provided, with an adult responsible for putting the child on and taking the child off the bus.
- A student’s HOME address will determine which building they will attend.
- This is not the application. The application for the 23-24 school year is not yet available.
- We will use the survey information to send a link for the application at a later date.
Please call the Registration Office at (315) 232-5138 if you have questions.