Universal Pre-K and Kindergarten General Information
Application Information for the 2022-2023 UPK Program(click on the picture above to go to the survey)
- Your child’s birth date must fall between December 2, 2017, and December 1, 2018, to be eligible to attend Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK). Please note: If a child is age eligible to attend Kindergarten, they are ineligible for the UPK.
- Your family must reside within the South Jefferson Central School District.
- Classes will be held five (5) days a week and are approximately 2.5 hours long. UPK will begin the same 1st day as K-5 and generally follows the regular school calendar. The UPK programs will be located at Wilson Elementary (Adams Center) and Mannsville-Manor Elementary; we anticipate there will be one AM session and one PM session at each building.
- Students will be selected by a lottery system if the number of applicants exceeds spaces available. Please be aware that school placement is determined by the availability of bus routes and scheduling. Pick up and drop off points must be within the school attendance area.
- All transportation is provided, with an adult responsible for putting the child on and taking the child off the bus.
- This is not the application. The application for the 22-23 school year is not yet available, but only completed applications will be considered. We will use the survey information to send a link for the application at a later date.