Universal Pre-Kindergarten General Information
Application Information for the 2021-2022 UPK Program
- Your child’s birth date must fall between December 2, 2016, and December 1, 2017, to be eligible to attend Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK). Please note: If a child is age eligible to attend Kindergarten, they are ineligible for the UPK.
- Your family must reside within the South Jefferson Central School District.
- Classes will be held five (5) days a week and are approximately 2.5 hours long. UPK will begin the second week in September and generally follows the regular school calendar. The UPK programs will be located at Wilson Elementary (Adams Center) and Mannsville-Manor Elementary; we anticipate there will be one AM session and one PM session at each building.
- Students will be selected by a lottery system if the number of applicants exceeds spaces available. Please be aware that school placement is determined by the availability of bus routes and scheduling. Pick up and drop off points must be within the school attendance area.
- All transportation is provided, with an adult responsible for putting the child on and taking the child off the bus.
- Only completed applications will be considered and include: All of the Application Forms, Proof of Age, Record of Immunizations, and Proof of District Residency. *(Please note: the health history form and dental form are not required at time of submission but are required before your child can begin school)