SJTA Foundation Fund Activity Award
Did you know that all of the proceeds collected from our Skits n Frenzy teacher talent show are used for Foundation Fund Enrichment Awards?
SJTA Foundation Fund, PO Box 638, Adams Center, NY 13606
or email to SJTAFoundationFund@gmail.com
Committee: RaeAnn Thomas, Brian Hallett, Abby Stone, Leslie Robare, Tayler Sorell, Lisa Winkler, Kerry Kennett, Lindsey Parish, Jennifer Peters, Donna Sievers.
The South Jefferson Teacher's Association Foundation Fund was established in 1989 as a means to provide recognition and financial assistance for students who wish to attend enrichment activities which a sponsoring teacher feels will enhance the students’ experience at South Jefferson in our regular academic or extra-curricular programs.
- Any student in Grades K-12, who is presently enrolled in the South Jefferson Central School District, is eligible to apply for this award.
- The program must be deemed beneficial to the student's educational experience. Priority to one-time or once a year activities will be given over continued activities. Programs may include but are not limited to, academics, fine arts, leadership, cultural and sports-related activities.
- Requests involving monthly or yearly memberships or dues, or uniforms will not be given consideration.
- Due to legal restrictions, Church-related programs will not be given consideration.
Application Process and Presentation of Awards:
- Applications will be accepted throughout the school year. Once an application is submitted, it will be reviewed by the Foundation Fund committee. A member of the Foundation Fund committee will reach out to the applicant if more information is needed to process the award.
- It is important that we receive all applications at least one month before the registration deadline of the event for which you are seeking an award.
- All applications must have a sponsoring teacher. Simply identify that teacher on your application and we will reach out to that person to request a statement of recommendation.
- Applications should be completed by the parent and student together. Student input is a requirement.
- A member of the committee will contact the family within one week of receiving the application.
- Students can apply for an award two times during their years at South Jefferson, at any grade level.
|Foundation Fund Award Guidelines
|Less than $100
|$101 to $250
|$251 to $400
|$401 to $650
|$651 to $1,000
Foundation Fund Payment Guidelines
*effective May 2012
Option 1: Payment directly to activity sponsor
The foundation fund committee will send a check in accordance with the award guidelines directly to the activity sponsor before the registration deadline. You must provide appropriate documentation. (For example, a camp brochure)
|Option 2: Payment reimbursement
You pay for the activity directly and then a reimbursement check will be sent out in accordance with the award distribution table for this activity. You must provide proof that the activity was attended/completed.
Examples of Enrichment Opportunities
Here is a list of activities that previous award recipients have experience using Foundation Fund Awards.