South Jefferson FFA
South Jefferson FFA Chapter
Officer Objectives - May 2020
The FFA (National FFA Organization) is an integral part of the total Agriculture Education Program. This intra-curricular organization provides students with opportunities to develop premier leadership, personal growth, and career success through agriculture education. The South Jefferson FFA Chapter is a chartered member of the State and National FFA Organizations The National FFA Organization consists of over 669,000 members in the United States as well as Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. The South Jefferson FFA conducts over 80 different events each year focused on Students, the Chapter, and the Community.Chapter, State, and National membership in the SJFFA is open to any student in grades 7 - 12th who are enrolled in an Agriculture Class and are conducting an SAE or Supervised Agriculture Experience Project. Students in 6th grade can join the junior high FFA and be chapter and state members only. Students in 7th and 8th grade who are taking technology class can be members of the chapter, state, and national FFA organizations. A student can be a member of the FFA for three years after graduation from high school. To learn more about SJFFA or to view a calendar of FFA events...click on the links under "FFA" on the left.
SJ Agriculture Teacher: Mr. Stowell click here to email Mr. Stowell
Senior High FFA Officers for 2019-20
- President - Kanoelani Paredes
- Vice Presidents - Madeline Stowell, Tanner Weiler, Sarah LaRose
- Secretary - Alexa Broadhurst
- Treasurer - Charles Rogers
- Reporter - Shelby Phelps
- Sentinel - Jacob Cronk
2019- NYS FFA Treasurer - Naoh-James Weiler
Junior High FFA Officers for 2019-20
- President - Autumn Wasilewski
- Vice President - Daphane Cronk
- Vice President - Mian Phillips
- Vice Presidient - Andrew Cronk
- Secretary - Wezley Cook
- Treasurer - Kiersten McCargar
- Reporter - James Biccum
- Sentinel - Ashton Perry
SJ FFA Alumni
About the SJFFA Alumni...
The South Jefferson FFA Alumni Association is a support group for the agriculture program and the FFA as the South Jefferson High School. The SJFFA Alumni membership consists of adults from the community who want to support the student's agricultural education and foster an improved leadership experience for all students in the agriculture education program at South Jefferson. Being a past member of the FFA is NOT a requirement for becoming a SJFFA Alumni Member.
The Purpose of the SJFFA Alumni...
1. Support and promote the FFA Organization activities and agriculture education on the local, state,
and national levels.
2. Provide a tie to the FFA and to assist FFA and agricultural education personnel to involve former
members AND none members in worthy activities.
3. Promote greater knowledge of the agriculture industry and support agriculture education.
4. Cooperate with the South Jefferson FFA Chapter, New York FFA Alumni, and National FFA Alumni.
5. Promote and maintain an appreciation of the American Free Enterprise system.
6. Promote the personal development aspect of the FFA.
What does it Cost to Join?
There are no membership dues in the South Jefferson FFA Alumni. Instead, we have a pledge drive each year so that members can support various programs in the FFA. As a member, you don't have to pledge anything if you don't want to. If you decide to pledge money, you can pledge money to the following areas:
* FFA Camperships - money in the account will go toward funding new FFA members to attend
leadership training camp - Oswgatchie - week long stay.
* WLC Scholarship - money in this account will help send chapter officers to the Washington
Leadership Conference - Washington DC - week long conference.
* National Convention - FFA members who have qualified to attend the National FFA Convention
through contest participation or leadership advancement will use this fund to attend the National
FFA Convention in Indianapolis, IN.
* Leadership and Scholarship Awards - Each year a graduating senior is awarded the Chapter
Leadership and Scholarship Award. Money pledged in this account will help finance this award.
* FFA Jacket Account - money pledged to this account will help pay for new members
official FFA jackets which they must have to compete in contests.
* NYS FFA Foundation - each year the SJFFA Chapter donates money to help support
their FFA Camp - Oswegatchie. Pledges in this area will be forwarded on to help support
our State Leadership Training Camp.